Bath & Brush Out:
- Pads shaved (if needed)
- Hygiene clip (if needed)
- Nails trimmed (we dremel the nails whenever possible)
- Ears cleaned (plucked if needed)
- Anal glands expressed (if needed)
- Complete shampoo and conditioner is brushed through the coat
- Complete drying of the coat (*) (a spray conditioner may be uses to control static or help with lite mats.)
- Trimming of feet and feathers (extra or extensive trimming of the body and feathers may be an extra charge)
- De-matting of simple mats such as behind the ears is usually included (see de-matting fees and notes below)
- We finish your pets experience with a bandana and a spritz of light fragrance (please let us know if you do not wish to have either one of these items)
Includes all of the above and a complete haircut. Most breeds are done to breed standard or a puppy cut. (**)
- Reasonable de-matting is usually included in your B&B or Groom.
- However extensive de-matting is done at a cost of $60 an hour and is only done if your pet can tolerate it. If your pet can not tolerate it whether due to biting or stressing out from the procedure the mats will need to be shaved out and in extreme cases your pet may need to be shaved down completely and start over.
- Regular brushing and COMBING of your pet’s coat should be done in-between groom to prevent severe mats and to help keep your cost down and your pets experience more enjoyable.
- Pets with extreme anxiety or pets with aggression issues may need to be medicated and you will need to talk to your veterinarian for suggestions.
- We do not medicate pets under any circumstances, it is up to you and your veterinarian to do so.
- We will not work on dogs that need to be muzzled start to finish, this is too high of a risk for everyone. We are a muzzle-free salon.
(*) Some pets have a difficult time with force dryers around certain areas of their body, (head and face and sometimes their feet) we always try our best to make sure your pet is 100% dry, we even put cotton in their ears and sometimes add a “Happy Hoodie” over their head and ears to help lessen the noise and air flow into their ears. If necessary we will try to use alternative drying procedures when possible. However, some pets just can’t handle any of this and we may have to leave them slightly damp to do what is in their best interest.
This is the most common phrase groomers hear, “I just want a puppy cut!”
- A puppy cut simply means one length all over. This can be very, very short but not shaved, or very long, and usually means you are looking for a shorter puppy looking face.
- When you say “puppy cut,” we will need to know what length you are looking for and what type of face you want, round, square, or very short?
- We will also need to know how you want the ears trimmed some people like long ears and some people like short ears.
- If you are not sure feel free to leave it up to us to do what we think might work best with your pet’s particular coat.
Breeds "Standard" or Breed "Specific" Cuts:
Mixed breed, designer breeds, mutts, Heinz 57, and all other names can be used for breeds made up of 2 or more purebred breeds. However, there is NO breed “standard” for any of them including Goldendoodles. These great puppies and grown adult dogs are beautiful but each one may have a different coat depending on the parents and bloodlines. Some are curly, some are straight, some have undercoats and others don’t. So, we will work with you to achieve a look that you will love for your specific special furry friend.
Bows, bling, and more can be provided for your pet upon request. Special Bling (such as bow ties, bandanas with custom ordered prints, etc…) for special occasions (such as fundraisers or weddings), can be provided at an additional cost with an advanced notice. Some examples include color, nails, mohawks, etc…
We do offer cat grooming and cat nail trims. ALL cat services are done by appointment. Most of our cat services are done in the late afternoon when all of our dogs have left the building, this is to create a quiet less stressful environment for your cat and to help protect our staff from high stressed cats reacting to dogs being present. We offer nail trims, ear cleaning, hygiene trims, lion cuts, brush and comb outs, and we can do a cat bath if the cat truly is in need of a bath or is upon the request of a veterinarian. Most cats do not require a bath and the process of doing a bath and drying them is very stressful and scary to them.
A note about shaving dogs:
A dog’s coat is designed for protection against cold/hot elements. We do not shave dogs unless no other option is available or a veterinarian has made the request.