We are reopening on May 4th!
I decided to reopen as of May 4th. This will be a "soft" opening. Our hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. We will be offering a NO CONTACT drop off and pick up for scheduled appointments and NO walk-in's at this time. We will have signs outside (politely) reinforcing the rules.
- Please make sure the lobby is empty before entering.
- Place your pet's leash on the hook at the desk or in the cage if not on a leash or in a carrier.
- If you have questions, instructions, or concerns please call ahead or call us from your vehicle.
- When picking up, the same rules as drop off apply.
- Payments: CC by phone, cash or checks should be placed in an envelope on the counter. If you need an envelope they are in the black mailbox by the door. We will also try to make your next appointment by phone when we call you for pick up.
- If you need assistance getting your pet out of the car or into the shop, please call and we will come out and retrieve your pet (while making sure there is no contact with the owner).
We kindly ask people to adhere to these simple rules so that we may remain open and keep everyone safe. My staff is practicing social distancing and excellent safety and sanitizing guidelines at all times; whether at work or at home; not only for your safety but for the safety of everyone. Any one not following these simple guidelines will not receive grooming for their pet.
Please DO NOT BANG ON OUR WINDOWS OR HONK YOUR HORN FOR SERVICE, and please be patient when you call. We have to put the animals safety first and it may take a moment for us to secure our pet before we can answer the phone.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these requests. We hope you and everyone in your family is safe and healthy... ~Nancy~
We will be Closing Our Doors on Friday, March 27th <> Thank You for Your Support:
I would like to say thank you to all of the wonderful and positive support we have received from our clientele. After a long discussion with my staff here at In-Dog-Neat-O, we have made a joint decision to close our facility for at least two (2) weeks starting this Friday evening (March 27th) due to the increasing numbers of COVID-19 patients, and the increasing numbers in cancellations for appointments due to so many people being out of work at this time. We will be available for emergency one-on-one appointments should your pet get skunked, rolls in something you can not remove, or if your veterinarian requires your pet to have a bath for medical reasons. Nancy can be reached at (603) 686-1413 for these types of emergencies. Thank you and may everyone be healthy and safe.
Cleanliness and Safety are our First Concern (COVID-19)
We here at In-Dog-Neat-O inc. grooming Studio want you to know that we take cleaning and safety as our number one priority. We already use very high standards on a daily basis in maintaining a clean and safe salon. We use specific cleaners to kill virus related bacteria, we also use UV-C lights for our equipment and the whole salon after closing, we clean all of our equipment between each pet to include our blades, scissors, brushes, combs, tables, floors, tubs, and so much more. We have end of shift and end of week cleaning protocols in place as well. We are doing our best to protect you and your pet and we simply ask that you also use common sense when making or keeping an existing appointment, this does not just include the current situation, but as always if your pet is ill or has diarrhea, vomiting, cough, lethargy, or sneezing please do not come in and give us a call so that we can reschedule your pet in order to help protect everyone.Thank you very much for your continued patronage and may everyone stay healthy and safe now and in the future.
Hours of Operation:
We are open and will remain open as long as possible. Therefore we will be making a few changes to help keep everyone safe.
- Starting Monday March 23rd, we will be open Monday through Friday only.
- We will be closing our lobby to the general public. This means we will do curbside drop off and pick up.
- Please call when you arrive or simply honk your horn and we will come out to you.
- We will be offering pick up and delivery for our elderly clients in Hampton, North Hampton, some areas of Rye, and Greenland.
- Please call for more information.
- Payment can be made by cash or check, at the time of pick up. You may also pay over the phone with a credit card.
- We are one of the few remaining shops open on the Seacoast and we hope to stay that way until we are told otherwise as a clean pet is a healthy pet for everyone involved.
- Cancellations 24 hours or less and no shows will be subject to a missed appointment fee.