Bath & Brush Out || Grooming || Mixed Breeds "Standard" or Breed "Specific" Cuts || Bling || Cat Grooming
Bath & Brush Out:
- Pads shaved (if needed)
- Hygiene clip (if needed)
- Nails trimmed (we dremel the nails whenever possible)
- Ears cleaned (plucked if needed)
- Anal glands expressed (if needed)
- Complete shampoo and shampoo is brushed through the coat (conditioner is used only when needed)
- Shampoo completely rinsed out
- Complete drying of the coat (*) (a spray conditioner may be uses to control static or help with lite mats.)
- Trimming of feet and feathers (extra or extensive trimming of the body and feathers may be an extra charge)
- De-matting of simple mats such as behind the ears is usually included (see de-matting fees and notes below)
- We finish your pets experience with a bandana and a spritz of light fragrance (please let us know if you do not wish to have either one of these items)
Includes all of the above and a complete haircut. Most breeds are done to breed standard or a puppy cut. (**)
- Reasonable de-matting is usually included in your B&B or Groom.
- However extensive de-matting is done at a cost of $60 an hour and is only done if your pet can tolerate it. If your pet can not tolerate it whether due to biting or stressing out from the procedure the mats will need to be shaved out and in extreme cases your pet may need to be shaved down completely and start over.
- Regular brushing and COMBING of your pet’s coat should be done in-between groom to prevent severe mats and to help keep your cost down and your pets experience more enjoyable.
- Pets with extreme anxiety or pets with aggression issues may need to be medicated and you will need to talk to your veterinarian for suggestions.
- We do not medicate pets under any circumstances, it is up to you and your veterinarian to do so.
- We will not work on dogs that need to be muzzled start to finish, this is too high of a risk for everyone.
(*) Some pets have a difficult time with force dryers around certain areas of their body, (head and face and sometimes their feet) we always try our best to make sure your pet is 100% dry, we even put cotton in their ears and sometimes add a “Happy Hoodie” over their head and ears to help lessen the noise and air flow into their ears. If necessary we will try to use alterative drying procedures when possible. However, some pets just can’t handle any of this and we may have to leave them slightly damp to do what is in their best interest.
(**) Puppy Cut:
This is the most common phrase groomers hear, “I just want a puppy cut!”
A puppy cut simply means one length all over. This can be very, very short but not shaved, or very long, and usually means you are looking for a shorter puppy looking face.
- When you say "puppy cut," we will need to know what length you are looking for and what type of face you want, round, square, or very short?
- We will also need to know how you want the ears trimmed some people like long ears and some people like short ears.
- If you are not sure feel free to leave it up to us to do what we think might work best with your pet’s particular coat.
Mixed Breeds "Standard" or Breed "Specific" Cuts:
Mixed breed, designer breeds, mutts, Heinz 57, and all other names can be used for breeds made up of 2 or more purebred breeds. However, there is NO breed "standard" for any of them including Goldendoodles. These great puppies and grown adult dogs are beautiful but each one may have a different coat depending on the parents and bloodlines. Some are curly, some are straight, some have undercoats and others don’t. So, we will work with you to achieve a look that you will love for your specific special furry friend.
Bows, bling, and more can be provided for your pet upon request. Special Bling (such as bow ties, bandanas with custom ordered prints, etc...) for special occasions (such as fundraisers or weddings), can be provided at an additional cost with an advanced notice.
BIG NEWS! We are starting Cat Grooming again! Starting Sunday, March 24th from 10am-1pm, we will offer nail trims, ear cleaning, brush and comb outs, lion cuts and hygiene trims (sorry no baths at this time). We will do this one sunday a month. It will be a dog-free zone for your cats peace of mind. Call us at (603) 601-2728 for more information or to make an appointment.
Have questions? Please visit our FAQs page for more information...